My Life with the Walter Boys is the No. 1 show on Netflix as of Dec. 11, 2023. This comes as no surprise because the show is based on a popular Wattpad novel. I’m sure many of the book fans were looking forward to seeing the TV adaptation and are watching it now. Also, there are new viewers who decided to tune in and watch the show because they’re fans of the teen drama genre.
It’s a show following a 15-year-old girl named Jackie Howard. Jackie was living a prim and proper life in Manhattan, New York, before her world got turned upside down. She finds out her entire family has passed away in a tragic car accident and now has to move across the country to Colorado to stay with her mom’s best friend and her family.
As Jackie adjusts to small-town life in rural Colorado, she finds herself falling for two boys. But the kicker is the two boys are her new guardian’s sons… Dun dun duuun! Jackie soon finds herself in a complicated love triangle. But who will Jackie choose? Alex or Cole (Ashby Gentry and Noah LaLonde)?
While watching the teen series, you might start to wonder where exactly the show was filmed. The show mainly takes place in Silver Falls, Colorado, but is this an actual place you can visit? Below, we shared where many of the scenes in My Life with the Walter Boys season 1 were shot.
Is Silver Falls a real town from My Life with the Walter Boys?
No, Silver Falls is not a real town in Colorado. It’s a fictional town that was created by the writers for the show. However, the creative team might’ve gotten the town’s name from the real Silver Falls waterfall, which is located near Pagosa Springs in Colorado. So, while you can’t visit the Silver Falls town from the teen series in real life, you can visit the Silver Falls waterfall in Colorado.
The entire first season was reportedly shot in Alberta, Canada, from March 2022 to August 2022, with Calgary being one of the primary production locations. So, no, the teen series was not filmed in Colorado. The show’s story is just set there.
Here’s where My Life with the Walter Boys was filmed
Here’s a list of places where some scenes in the first season were filmed:
- The Walter family’s ranch scenes were actually filmed at the CL Ranch just west of Calgary.
- The county fair rodeo scenes in episode 9 were shot at the Girletz Rodeo Ranch north of Calgary.
- Many interior shots were filmed at the Rocky Mountain Film Studio in Calgary.
- According to the Western Wheel, some important scenes were filmed in Cochrane, Alberta. Some of the places in Cochrane include Glenhill Drive, the Texas Gate Bar & Grill, William Camden Park, and the Fence & Post restaurant.
- The scene in episode 6 where Jackie, Alex, and Kiley play a board game at a bar is believed to have been filmed at the Texas Gate Bar & Grill.
- The Silver Falls High School scenes were actually filmed at W.G. Murdoch High School in Crossfield, Alberta.
- The Lark Cafe from the teen series is not real either. As reported by Atlas of Wonders, those scenes were actually filmed in a vacant building on Railway Street in Crossfield, Alberta.
- The Tony’s Automotive shop scenes were shot at Family Auto Glass, an auto glass shop located in Crossfield, Alberta.
- Scenes are also believed to have been shot in the Glenbow neighborhood.
- The scene in episode 8 where Cole and Dylan smoke on the football field of Silver Falls High School was actually filmed at Chestermere High School in Alberta, Canada.
- The scene in episode 8 where Katherine gives her thank you speech at the veterinarian award gala was shot at Cochrane RancheHouse in Cochrane, Alberta.
- According to Atlas of Wonders, the Aurelita County Amusements scenes in episode 9 were filmed at Heritage Park in Calgary, Alberta.
Stay tuned to Netflix Life for any new updates on a potential My Life with the Walter Boys season 2!