Sweet Magnolias season 3 episode 8 recap
Picking up where episode 7 left off, episode 8 finds Dana Sue and Ronnie dealing with the fallout of the kitchen break in which they’re convinced was Kathy’s doing due to the calling card she left behind: the word Trish.
Ronnie goes to confront Kathy about the restaurant break-in, shutting down her claims that she’s the victim in this situation making it clear he never excluded her, she excluded herself and created the divide between them. He tells her to leave them alone to which she says she’ll only leave when she’s given what she deserves.
As Dana Sue and the team at Sullivan’s work to clean things up, she finally opens Maddie’s letter as does Helen when she gets back to town from visiting her family.
After what felt like an eternity, the Magnolias have a tear-filled margarita night full of apologies all around as they finally talk through things and mend the fences that had become frayed in recent episodes. From there, the trio brings one another up to speed on everything that has been going down in their lives before making plans to go dress shopping together in celebration of Dana Sue’s upcoming vow renewal.
With things patched up with the Magnolias, things seem to be back on track… until Ronnie tells Dana Due that Kathy is leaving but only because he wrote her a check to send her off. Because of this, Dana Sue has to tell him that there is no money left for their vow renewal putting their plans for an over-the-top celebration on ice.
Odds and Ends From the Episode
- Trotter receives a call from his favorite college professor, a mentor, and a friend, saying that he’s very sick and that he needs someone he trusts to help look after the grandchildren if something happens to him. After confiding in Maddie, she tells Trotter to go and do what he needs to do and that she’ll be there when he gets back.
- It turns out Nellie wasn’t the one sending Kyle flowers, as she’s already moved on and has a new boyfriend.
- After Bill’s visit expressing his desire to have more time with Rebecca, Isaac encourages Noreen to meet with Helen to see if a more formal arrangement might be needed.
- Ty and Olivia begin to grow closer after she agrees to tutor him in statistics and how to talk to girls without flirting.
- With Ronnie’s check in hand, Kathy tells Bill she’s leaving town and encourages him to come with her. However, Bill doesn’t seem keen on leaving feeling that he’s not finished with his apology tour.
- During a conversation with Jeremy, Erik finally realizes exactly who Kathy is as he puts the pieces together that she’s Dana Sue’s sister-in-law — thus why Isaac had gotten defensive and confronted him about his actions.