Sweet Magnolias season 3 episode 7 recap
After breaking up with Ryan, this time for good, Helen leaves town to go see her mom — opting not even to reach out to the Magnolias showing just how frayed their relationship has become.
Upon arriving in Tampa, Helen opens up to her mom and tells her things with Ryan are done for good. While her mom loves that she’s come home, she’s of course heartbroken to see her daughter in pain. Helen eventually also confides in her mom about the fight she had with Maddie and Dana Sue, confessing her fear that she may have ruined their friendship to which her mom reassures her that nothing is ruined beyond repair.
Back in Serenity, Annie gets her license and one of the first things she does is drive out to see Jackson. All is going well until she gets into an accident while leaving the mall, and has to call her parents for help.
When Ronnie and Dana Sue arrive to check on her, Dana Sue sees Jackson lurking in the trees and the truth comes out about how they’ve been sneaking around behind their parents’ backs. Needless to say, she is not happy and grounds Annie for sneaking around.
Elsewhere, Paula comes to see Maddie and asks her why Maddie hadn’t mentioned Helen and Ryan’s breakup to her which is when she informs her mom about their fight and how she’s being iced out by the Magnolias.
After learning of Helen’s breakup, Maddie goes to see Dana Sue under the guise of dropping off the foundation paperwork for her to sign. She attempts to extend an olive branch, but Dana Sue continues to ice her out.
Following the failed attempt, Maddie is inspired by her daughter to write Dana Sue and Helen letters which she hopes might bring the trio back together. The next day, Dana Sue discovers Maddie’s letter but before she is able to open it she’s distracted by the discovery that someone broke into Sullivan’s and trashed the kitchen.
Odds and Ends From the Episode
- Looking to get some tutoring, Ty meets with his classmate Olivia to ask for her help and we see some sparks fly between the two. Speaking of Ty, there’s a hint made in the episode that he might look to pursue a career that would allow him to do something with his hands via a trade.
- Kyle goes to see Nellie and leaves her a flower as a romantic gesture to show her he still cares for her.
- After seeing Noreen at the Corner Spa earlier in the episode, Bill shows up at her doorstep to express a desire to be in Rebecca’s life in a meaningful way. However, Noreen makes it clear she needs time and turns him away.
- Speaking of Noreen, sparks fly between her and Jeremy after a cute encounter at the farmers’ market.
- It’s a bit of a big episode for Isaac as he first discovers that Erik is working with Kathy and when he tries to confront him, Erik just pushes him further away. In this same episode, Isaac goes to see Bill and makes it clear he’s going to give him, Noreen, and Rebecca the space they all deserve.