Here is our list for the 15 best Friends episodes that you must see on the show’s 25th anniversary.
As Friends turn 25 on Sept. 22, what better way is there to celebrate this landmark day then by rewatching some of the show’s best and most timeless episodes all day long? And you don’t need to get lost in Google in order to find that. We’ve got you covered.
Here are 15 of the most classic episodes of Friends to rewatch during the show’s 25th anniversary.
- “Pilot” (S1E1) – I mean there is literally no better way to start the rewatch than with the episode where Monica gets a roommate and Ross grabs a spoon. This episode not only introduced us to the core six but it also quickly established the fact that we were in for a ride with its highly quotable one-liners.
- “The One With the Blackout” (S1E7) – New York has a blackout and while the rest of the friends are in Monica’s apartment, we instantly fell in love with Chandler who was stuck in an ATM vestibule with Victoria’s Secret Model Jill Goodacre.
- “The One with the Prom Video” (S2E14) – “See? He’s her lobster!”
- “The One Where No One’s Ready” (S3E2) – Friends had some top-notch writing throughout the entire series and this episode, which takes place in a time span of just half an hour where Ross is trying everyone to get dressed for an important banquet at his museum, is one of the finest examples.
- “The One with the Football” (S3E9) – Friends has given us some of the best Thanksgiving episodes on TV ever and this episode where Ross and Monica’s rivalry takes the center stage is a classic example of it.
- “The One with Chandler In A Box” (S4E8) – “Married a lesbian, left a man at the altar, fell in love with a gay ice dancer, threw a girl’s wooden leg in the fire, live in a box.”
- “The One with the Embryos” (S4E12) – “My sister’s going to have my baby!”
- “The One with the Thanksgiving Flashbacks” (S5E8) – The gang reminisces about their worst Thanksgivings in order to cheer up Chandler (who hates Thanksgiving) and Ross (who is getting a second divorce).
- “The One Where Everybody Finds Out” (S5E14) – When Phoebe finds out about Monica and Chandler’s relationship, she tries to seduce Chandler to reveal the truth and things get a whole lot of uncomfortable in the process.
- “The One with the Nap Partners” (S7E6) – Joey and Ross find themselves in awkward positions after a nap making for some truly laugh your heart out situations.
- “The One with the Holiday Armadillo” (S7E10)- Santa, Holiday Armadillo, and Superman in a single episode! I’m still surprised that this episode hasn’t been announced as a holiday classic yet.
- “The One Where They All Turn Thirty” (S7E14)- The gang reminisces about their 30th birthdays when Rachel turns 30 in a really hilarious, sweet and heartwarming episode. Are any Joey and Phoebe shippers reading this?
- “The One with the Videotape” (S8E4)- When Ross and Rachel argue over who came onto who first, they accidentally come upon a videotape that recorded everything and decide to watch it together with the gang, giving us the iconic Western Europe story.
- “The One with the Rumor” (S8E9)– Brad Pitt guest stars as Will, founder of “I Hate Rachel” club in an outstanding Thanksgiving episode.
- “The One with the Late Thanksgiving” (S10E8)– Since Thanksgiving episodes have been a recurring theme on the show as well as this list, what better way than to end this list with the last Thanksgiving episode of the show where everybody is late and Monica and Chandler lock them out of the apartment as their punishment giving us some of the best laughs of the season.
Friends was a show that changed my life in a major way. How has the show impacted yours? Comment below and let us know.