Netflix has released its lineup of Korean unscripted shows for 2023, and one of the shows on the list was Zombieverse. We shared all there is to know about this upcoming reality series below.
Zombieverse is a survival reality show created by Park Jin-kyung and Moon Sang-don. Additionally, it was produced in partnership with Kakoa Entertainment.
It’ll easily remind you of the popular scripted zombie series All of Us Are Dead. Actually, the art team from that show helped make the set for this show, so it looks as realistic as possible. And if you were wondering if zombies were involved, they most definitely are!
We can already tell that Zombieverse will be the talk of the town once it’s released on Netflix. Now, continue reading to find out everything else you need to know about the reality series.
Is Zombieverse filming?
Fortunately, production on the show wrapped. However, it’s unknown when filming took place and when it wrapped.
Zombieverse release date
On July 9, Netflix dropped a teaser video and announced the official release date. Mark your calendar because Zombieverse is scheduled to land on Netflix on Tuesday, Aug. 8, 2023. You can expect the show to land on the streamer at 12:00 a.m. PT/3:00 a.m. ET on this date.
Here’s the official synopsis via Netflix
"In Seoul, where a zombie virus outbreak has run amok, who will outwit the undead in the face of challenging quests and come out alive?"
In a new press release, Netflix went more in-depth about what the show is about.
"A group of unwitting contestants gather to take part in a reality dating show, but things take a terrifying turn when they find themselves in the middle of Seoul overrun by zombies. Together, they must escape the city and outrun the walking dead, or risk becoming zombies themselves."
The contestants will have to work together to survive the simulated zombie attack because anyone who gets bitten by a zombie must be left behind.
Here’s a list of the contestants participating in the competition:
- Lee Si-young – She is a South Korean actress who appeared in Sweet Home.
- Ro Hong-chul – A popular South Korean entertainer who has appeared on Korean shows such as Infinite Challenge and The Hungry and the Hairy.
- Park Na-rae – A South Korean DJ and comedian.
- Kim Cheol/DinDin – A South Korean rapper and TV personality.
- Fukutomi Tsuki – A Japanese singer who’s in the K-pop girl group Billlie.
- Yoo Hee-kwan – A South Korean baseball player who plays for the Doosan Bears of the KBO League.
- Yiombi Jonathan – A TV personality and the brother of Patricia.
- Yiombi Patricia – A TV personality and the sister of Jonathan.
- Hong Seong Woo – A South Korean urologist, professor, and Youtuber.
- Kim Jin-young/Dex – A South Korean Youtuber and vlogger who also appeared on Single’s Inferno season 2.
- Kkwachu Hyung
Zombieverse episode count: How many episodes are there?
Unfortunately, Netflix has not revealed how many episodes will be in the first season of the reality series, nor has the streamer announced if the episodes will be dropped all at once. However, we’re hoping there will be at least nine episodes in the first season like the other Korean unscripted series Physical: 100. We’ll let you know the total episode count once it’s revealed.
Check out this exciting teaser to get pumped up for the show’s release on Netflix!
On July 24, Netflix dropped the exciting official trailer.
Stay tuned to Netflix Life for more information on Zombieverse.