Are there any Ugly Betty fans out there desperately missing the charming dramedy starring America Ferrara? If so, we might have a new show for you! Netflix just released lots of new information, photos, and a release date for the upcoming Kim Cattrall-led series called Glamorous, and it’s coming this June.
Glamorous was previously ordered to pilot at The CW in February 2019. But, in June 2019, The CW chose to pass on the series. More than three years later, the show has found a new home with our favorite streamer.
Fortunately, the creative team behind the series remains the same. Jordon Nardino writes and serves as executive producer on the series. Damon Wayans Jr. and Kameron Tarlow of Two Shakes Entertainment are signed on as executive producers, and CBS Studios is set to produce.
Below, you’ll find everything there is to know about Glamorous.
Glamorous on Netflix release date
Fittingly, Netflix is releasing this new series during Pride Month. Glamorous will premiere on Thursday, June 22, 2023.
How many episodes are in Glamorous on Netflix?
There will be ten episodes in the show’s first season.
Glamorous on Netflix cast
When the show was ordered to pilot at The CW, Miss Benny, Brooke Shields, and Jade Payton were set to star in the series. Now that the show is a Netflix original, only Miss Benny has been confirmed to be a part of the cast. They will play the lead character, Marco Mejia. Marco is described as a gender-nonconforming queer young man. You might know Miss Benny from shows like Fuller House, Love, Victor, and American Horror Stories.
On June 10, 2022, Netflix announced that Sex and the City‘s Kim Cattrall joined the cast of Glamorous. She will be playing the role of Madolyn Addison, the famed makeup mogul Marco begins working for.
On June 30, 2022, Netflix announced more series regulars and recurring roles.
Here’s the cast list below:
- Miss Benny as Marco Mejia
- Kim Cattrall as Madolyn Addison
- Zane Phillips as Chad – Madolyn’s devoted son who just wants to live up to his mother’s expectations.
- Jade Payton as Venetia – Madolyn’s first assistant who helps Marco when he arrives at the office.
- Michael Hsu Rosen as Ben – A graphic designer at the beauty company who eventually befriends Marco.
- Ayesha Harris as Britt – A graphic designer at Glamorous by Madolyn who discovers her feelings for a colleague are mutual.
- Graham Parkhurst as Parker – A self-proclaimed athlete who engages in a game of pursuit with Marco.
- Diana Maria Riva as Julia – Marco’s no-nonsense mother who wishes Marco would give up his dream of being a social media influencer and get a real job. Fortunately, Marco makes a move and starts working for Madolyn.
- Lisa Gilroy as Alyssasays – Alyssasays is a former social media influencer who works in marketing. She works on the marketing team for Glamorous by Madolyn and runs all of the beauty company’s social media accounts.
- Mark Deklin as James – A charming, underemployed documentary filmmaker who becomes Madolyn’s love interest.
- Ricardo Chavira as Teddy – Teddy is Madolyn Addison’s personal full-time driver and possibly closest friend. There’s sizzling chemistry between the two, which could potentially lead to more if one of them admits it.
Glamorous on Netflix synopsis
Here’s what the show is about via Variety:
"It tells the story of Marco Mejia (Miss Benny), a young gender non-conforming queer man whose life seems to be stuck in place until he lands a job working for legendary makeup mogul Madolyn Addison. It’s Marco’s first chance to figure out what he wants out of life, who he actually is, and what it really means for him to be queer."
Glamorous on Netflix photos
While we don’t have an official teaser or trailer for the upcoming series yet, Netflix did release several images for the show so you can get your first look at Miss Benny, Kim Cattrall, and more!
We’ll keep you posted on all things Glamorous and continue to update this space as more information comes out. Stay tuned to Netflix Life for any new updates!