Ever since Shameless premiered in January 2011, it’s built a massive and dedicated fanbase thanks to its comical, relatable, and straight-up outrageous content. The dysfunctional Chicago family featured on the show may not be your “normal” family, but that’s probably what makes them so great.
Now, after 10 seasons of the Showtime series, here’s eight facts about the Shameless cast all fans should know.
1. The actors can’t use scripts on set.
That’s right: the Shameless cast is required to know all their lines before filming, according to ScreenRant.
2. Jeremy Allen White and Emma Greenwell dated.
Life imitates art? Jeremy Allen White (Lip) and Emma Greenwell (Mandy) were a couple off-screen as well as on the show. The two have since broken up, and now White is married to actress Addison Timlin. The married pair share one child together.
3. In addition to acting on the show, Emmy Rossum also helped direct.
Emmy Rossum (Fiona) was given several episodes to direct, she told Variety in an interview.
4. You might recognize Cameron Monaghan from Malcolm in the Middle.
He even won a Young Artist Award for his performance in the early 2000s show starring Bryan Cranston and Frankie Muniz. Monaghan played Chad from 2004-2005.
5. Justin Chatwin pulled a gross prank on Emmy Rossum.
According to The Talko, Justin Chatwin (Jimmy) pranked his co-star Rossum on set by eating tuna before they filmed an intimate scene.
6. Emmy Rossum and Tyler Jacob Moore dated.
Love is apparently in the air on set! They may not have hit it off on Shameless, but in real life, Emmy Rossum and Tyler Jacob Moore (Tony) dated for two years before calling it quits.
7. It took four actors to portray Liam’s character.
Seeing as fans watched Liam’s childhood evolution, it has taken four different actors to play the part, Cosmopolitan reports.
8. Jeremy Allen White has a ballet background.
Yep, the star had some serious dance training while growing up, he revealed to Interview Magazine.